The interest of the pioneer of abstract sculpture in Luxembourg in pure and organic forms dates back to his Parisian peregrinations. He became familiar with the modern artistic scene, attended the École Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts from 1931 to 1933 and took courses in Bouchard's studio. He marvelled at Maillol's sculptures, assimilated Brancusi's organic lesson and passionately discovered Henry Moore's works. These encounters will lead him to a plastic that is inspired by nature. His biomorphic language favours the smooth and polished and deploys within his works an internal energy and a vitalist force.